In addition to modern equipment in individual laboratories, a number of core facilities on the NCSU campus provide state-of-the-art equipment and services.
- Genomic Sciences Laboratory
- Bioinformatics Research Center
- Center for Electron Microscopy
- Laboratory for Advanced Electron and Light Optical Methods
- Plant Transformation Laboratory
- Nucleic Acids Facility
- Flow Cytometry and Cell Sorting Laboratory
- Biomolecular Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Facility
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Facility (Metabolomics)
- Cellular and Molecular Imaging Facility
- X-ray Crystallography Facility
- X-ray Structural Facility
- Mass Spectrometry Facility (Proteomics)
- Laser Imaging and Vibrational Spectroscopy Facility
- Electronic Instrument Shop
- Precision Instrument Machine Shop
- Research Machine Shop
- Scientific Glassblowing Services
- BSL3 Biocontainment Facility
Additionally, NCSU is a member institution of the North Carolina Research Campus, which provides access for faculty and students to the research facilities at the David H. Murdock Research Institute. The DHMRI facilities include equipment for Genomic Sciences, Analytic Sciences (Metabolomics and Proteomics), Imaging Sciences, Immune Sciences, and Bioinformatics.
Field space, greenhouse facilities, and the Phytotron are available for plant genetics experiments. The Biological Resources Facility is available for modern animal housing and care.